What, is everyone glad that I stopped talking about boybands? *laughs* I know I've been horrible with correspondence and chatting and pictures, so for a limited time period only, y'all can request whatever you want to know about uni, where I live, what my days are like, pictures of ducks blahblahblah. Go!
I LOVE what I'm doing here. People are so much more open-minded, and they actually know what I'm talking about when I go on about Shakespeare and Oscar Wilde. Know what one of the books I'm doing this term is? The Communist Manifesto! Not that I liked it (boring as hell, that one), but man. I can't NUS ever putting that on the reading list.
I had a GREAT time last term, barring the broken finger, but this term has been a bit blah for me. I got depressed for weeks after I flew back here (where depressed is not your usual sec school thing, I literally did not want to get out of bed in the morning, I skipped classes, and almost broke down multiple times), but the Singaporeans here are great and have been really supportive. Also, it's the Victorians this term, and frankly, my reading list has me falling asleep over it. I've never done it before. Lit was always the one thing I could count on to keep my interest going through the night. I think my parents got quite worried when I told them that I wasn't enjoying this term, because it meant that something was wrong.
On a lighter note, it's been snowing for the past three days. My first snow ever! But it's not very heavy, not very cold, and melts very quickly. Everywhere is muddy and wet now, and brown snow is just...no. No snowfights with brown snow, thanks.
Haven't joined band here because most players have their own instruments, and they don't have any trumpets left. My poor Bach mouthpiece is sitting in it's case all alone, and my hands constantly itch for the cool, smooth lines of a trumpet. I find myself doing fingering more often now, it's become a nervous tic of mine, but it's also soothing. I do scales all the time now, ahahaha. :) But yeah. I miss playing really badly.
Go ask your questions in the tag-board now!
