Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Dorough Lupus Foundation is getting so much money from me. First there was that DLF event held in London (where I finally met Howie, as well as his oldest sister, Angie) that cost £50, then buying photos from someone I kind of met at the even (she's sending the profits as a donation from all us fans), and then I ordered Pollyanna Dorough's CD.

Pollyanna is yet another Dorough sibling, and I'd only previously heard one of her songs, but then at the DLF event in London Angie brought along a copy of the CD and played it in the background during the event, and I decided I had to have a copy.

Well, it arrived today, and I must say that it's really not bad at all. She sounds kind of like Howie himself, except more feminine (of course), and it's all very easy listening songs with just a tinge of Spanish guitar (which Howie seems to love, since it's in all the songs he's written so far). I'd put up some song samples for y'all, except that a) the proceeds for the CD go to the DLF directly and it would be unethical to put them up, and b) I don't think anyone would be interested. But hey, the songs sound good, I can sing along to them, and it's autographed! Yay!

So after meeting Howie and Angie, I've decided that my favourite showbiz family now are the Doroughs. ♥

Speaking of which, I think I might have to make a post about what went down in London during my Backstreet Extravanganza. Sure, I could go back home and tell Geri and co. about it in person, and I think everyone here is sick and tired of me being all goofy and fangirly, but eh. Let me ride out the disappointment of the fact that BSB are having a gig in the Indoor Stadium on Jan 24th (TEN YEARS after they first came here for promo, they come back. FIRST CONCERT IN SG!), and I can't go because of school. Although I've already spent a lot of money on them this year, so it's just as well.