If you asked me a few years ago whether I'd ever see myself as either happy or contented, my answer would've been a resounding NO. Nonono, a thousand times, a billion times NO.
Being in York has been such a godsend for me, mentally if not physically. Intellectual stimulation I could never get from home, finally gaining acceptance of my faults, a pace of life that gives me peace of mind, and most importantly, lower blood pressure. When Tien Tien was here this past Monday for a short visit, she remarked how in just a few short hours, she could feel herself relaxing and taking time to really enjoy the blue sky, the clear air, whereas if she'd been back in London she would've succumbed to the constant rushrushrush of life.
For some people, York is where they lose track and long for things to be back the way they were. For me, though, York will forever be my eternal haven, the place where I finally found myself.
