So last night I went to Manchester to watch Justin Timberlake's FutureSex/LoveShow 2007 tour. That boy sure can dance his ass off, but in terms of vocal range and power, he's no JC Chasez. Plus I still haven't quite forgiven him for using the word 'bleeded' in a song, or that he has the audacity to write a lyric like "Hi my name is Bob/ and I work at my job / I earn forty-something dollars a day".
Also, was expecting just a bit more audience interaction and/or stage patter. He only did a bit at the beginning where he took his customary (on this tour at least) tequila shot on stage with the band. It was a really, really good show, but a little more soul would've been nice. He also really didn't like touching people's hands. (This might just be me comparing to how much BSB tends to pay attention to their fans and actively shaking hands in whatever the situation may be.) That said, some of the songs on FSLS that I didn't like before really sound a lot better live. Also, I am never swearing off my eternal love affair with My Love. That song is pure genius, and never fails to make me dance.
That said, it didn't stop me from screaming "His little FACE!" every time his grinning face flashed up on the screen. His ridiculous amount of stage presence and charisma makes up for the lack of interaction.
I had really, really good seats. Front row of lower tier in the MEN arena, which meant that I was a little further off from the stage, but I was still standing above the standing section, and had no obstruction whatsoever to my view. Oh, and I was sitting RIGHT NEXT TO THE STAGE DOOR. In addition to seeing roadies, dancers, band members and biiiiig bodyguards come in and out, I saw Timbaland (who does an intermission thing in the middle of the show), and Jessica Biel, which mean that basically the internet rumours about them dating is true. Justin and her, that is, not Timbaland. Ew. Justin also exited through that stage door, and I got a good look as he walked down along my block and made a face at a roadie that was filming with a camcorder.
All in all, A+, would watch again if I had better seats and were closer to Justin. Oh, and if he scrapped Timbaland completely. I paid £50 to watch Justin dance, not for 20 minutes of Timbaland spinning stuff he's produced in the last two years (which is pretty much Nelly Furtado and Justin).
Have a youtube video. I took a lot of photos which came out badly in the low light, and about 5 videos. The My Love Dancebreak. I LOVED this routine and the staging of it ever since he premiered it at the 2006 MTV VMAs, and was so glad that he kept it for his tour.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment