What exactly is it about Friendster that makes me hate it so? I really can't stand people typing in alternate caps, adding extra "z"s and "x"s to the ends of words to make them look cute, and most abbreviations. I use abbreviations only when I mean something, even though I'm quite sure I'm taking the whole Lit student thing too seriously. Whatever the case, don't bother adding me to your Friendster thing. I've visited that site a grand total of one time in the last year.
I don't know how hawkers can take it. Today I was over at Ailin's place frying goreng pisang (30 bananas cut into 6 segments each), and ended up with random blisters all over my arm as I plopped them into the hot oil. And it was worse for Ailin, who was actually frying it and was subject to a lot of smoke. I came back stinking of oil, with batter down the front of my shirt. Thank goodness I turned down manning the stall at the international food fest. I was just about ready to devour all of the bananas becaues they caused me so much hassle. The only thing good about it was that we made some adulterated version of ham cheem bang from the left over batter that tasted really good. And the goreng pisang did taste good, so.
And now I have to read. I'm planning to do something I actually like for my next, and last essay for this term: a comparison between The Picture of Dorian Gray and The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It just has to be better than my investigation of villainy in Oliver Twist and gender-bending in The Woman In White, because I'm actually writing on texts that I like, and also because the last two were such utter pieces of shit that I'm ashamed to tell people that I wrote it.
Also, I really, really miss batch outings.
