Friday, March 11, 2005

Essay done and over with, finally. Thank goodness, the night before it was due I was frantically trying to dig up the source of a quote I'd written down, and there was literally a flurry of paper as I flipped through all the articles I'd printed out for research. 1am, less than halfway through a paper that's due in about 12 hours, and I couldn't breathe. Hello panic attack. I ended up taking one of those herbal tablets I usually take to help me sleep, but it didn't do much other than make me tired. I was still jittery. I ended up just saving what I had and tossed in bed for two hours before I finally fell asleep. And would you believe it, I woke up at 7am the next day, still all jittery and shit from the attack. I did manage to finish the essay in the end, but I was still typing out my references at 2pm, when my seminar was at 2.15. Ergh.

Now though, I'm free, 6 more days and one and a half more weeks till the official end of term. However I've just received my reading list for next term from my tutor, and guess what? I'm doing Othello and John Donne again. -_-;; I don't believe it. Also, Volpone and Paradise Lost. Woe.

And yesterday I had to go for balloting to choose my room for next year. It's a good thing that international students are guaranteed accommodation for all our years here, because I am so not moving out of my college. There's a good reason why we're known in uni as 'the swanky college', or alternatively, the hotel. Really. It feels like I'm living in a hotel/motel. Anyway, next year I'm staying in a flat with two other Singaporeans, the SingSoc here is real small and close, just the way I like it. It can't compare to LSE's 150-member strong SingSoc, but we're all one big group of friends and socials are always fun and a great remedy for homesickness.

Five weeks of holiday seem really short when you've got so much to read. I've painted my nails black as a reward for shorting my brain out for my essay on Monday night/Tuesday morning.