Sunday, October 15, 2006

I still.

Welcome Home, you
I know you by name
How do you do?
I shine because of you today
So come and sit down
Tell me how you are
I know son, it's good just to see your face.


Brian Littrell, Welcome Home (You)

I've missed this. I've missed the clear blue skies with nary a cloud to be seen, I've missed the piercing cold (well, not so cold yet, but it will be), I've missed the general air of peace around here.

I've missed it so much that sometimes I'm driven to tears just thinking of the simple bliss of it all. And then I start to cry when I realise that this year is the end of something I've held so close and so dear to me. Despite the rough friendships, the insecurity, the SAD, the academic struggles, I fucking LOVE this place. I love it so much it hurts, and my heart aches just thinking about graduation. Sometimes I wish I were doing a four-year course instead.

I don't want to know the reason why I can't stay forever like this.

No comments: