Friday, October 06, 2006

"I think if I play loud enough I can drown them out completely."

They're singing, "Happy Birthday"
You just wanna lay down and cry
Not just another birthday, it's 30/90
Why can't you stay 29
Hell, you still feel like you're 22
Turn 30 in 1990
Bang! You're dead, what can you do?
What can you do?
What can you do?


Jonathan Larson, 30/90, from tick, tick...BOOM!

It's so horribly poser to claim that your favourite musical is RENT (and now, maybe TTB), but the fact of the matter is, Jonathan Larson voiced just about all of my concerns I ever had about taking the road less travelled by Singaporeans. And at the same time, I know I'm privileged, I live in a cushy part of town and never have to worry about not enough money, and somehow my biggest fear is that I'll never be able to survive suffering for my art while waiting for my dream job.

So who's the real poser, the RENThead that continues to line up for the coveted $20 tickets...or me?

No comments: