Come on girl, remember what you're here for. Make the most of your last year instead of wanting to cry everytime a perfect sky greets you in the morning. Enjoy what you're doing because life only goes downhill after graduation, and you may never have to time to read novels when that happens. Stop falling into bad habits, stop thinking so much, stop fucking worrying and just be for once.
(I'm so worried that I won't live up to expectations, that I won't have one more year here, that I'll score the lowest degree classification a Singaporean English student has scored since we started coming here, and it's not even an unfounded fear. I fear not being able to come back, I fear that there really isn't anything for me to look forward to once graduation comes round. I fear that I won't be able to come back, that I'll be trapped in a foreign land that my body memory thinks is home, but isn't really, not in my mind.
I fear that I'm just a fraud.)
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"that I'll score the lowest degree classification a Singaporean English student has scored since we started coming here, and it's not even an unfounded fear."
-gasp- you clawed the words right outta my gaping mouth!
and i think that feeling of being a fraud never goes away, even when you are forty-five, it'll still feel like we're acting in this play titled Adulthood!!
Post a Comment