Wednesday, August 01, 2007

i don't wanna waste another day

It's slightly comforting to know that no matter how many years pass, or just how much I've changed, nothing can quite fill me up with glee as instantaneously as listening to a new leaked song.

I've come a long way from downloading (via dialup!) 500KB files of the first premiere of a song (taped off radio via a computer microphone), now to sendspace/megaupload and people's personal webspaces. Now we get high quality, 192kbps mp3 tracks ripped off sites that test out new songs on an unsuspecting public. And yet, the feeling of elation is still the same.

(It still amazes me that there are enough extremely kind people that sacrifice their personal webspace to host files for other fans to download, which is why I made the switch from lurker to provider two years ago. I still haven't been able to find any other kinds of fans that are this *generous* with their webspace.)

Also, I don't think five pairs of feet (FIVE!) have ever made me this excited before. And of course, one missing pair of legs BECAUSE NO ONE WILL EVER BE ABLE TO FILL HIS SHOES.

No comments: