I don't think I'll ever forget the feeling of being on a cruise around Hong Kong harbour on a muggy Friday morning, with visibility near zero thanks to the pollution and the fog, with the humidity reaching almost 90%, and smelling the fumes of a thousand boats and ferries and junks. And then getting that call that chilled me to the bone, and made me feel a hundred times worse than I already was feeling.
What I can't understand is why after five days, I still can't shake that feeling of utter terror off me.
Alprazolam is a short-acting drug in the benzodiazepine class used to treat anxiety disorders and as an adjunctive treatment for depression.
Alprazolam was invented by Pfizer and is marketed under the trade name Xanax...
Long-term treatment with alprazolam may lead to physical and/or psychological dependence. Users often develop a tolerance to the drug's sedative effects, though tolerance to its anxiolytic efficacy rarely develops when used at theraputic dosage levels.
There is now a general consensus among many psychiatrists that alprazolam (a so-called 'high-potency' benzodiazepine) poses a particularly high risk for misuse, abuse and dependence. Withdrawal after long-term treatment should be done slowly over a period of weeks (or even months) to avoid serious withdrawal symptoms such as agitation, panic attacks, rebound anxiety, muscle cramps and seizures.
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
what happened in hong kong? :x
Post a Comment